He Gives Eternal Life
Text: John 10:28 – I give them eternal life and they will never perish. No one will snatch them away from me (New Living Translation).
Every call of God on us is receive salvation, which will lead to eternal life (John 7:37 and 38). When we respond to His call, we receive eternal life thus are saved from eternal condemnation which awaits sinners in the second death (John 5:24 and Romans 8:1). Can you imagine what eternal life will be? Do you desire to have that eternal life? Then go to God and He will grant you eternal life. For this reason Christ came to this world to die for us and today we are celebrating His resurrection and defeat of the devil. Of a truth the danger of hell is known in heaven that is why heaven rejoices over the repentance of sinner (Luke 15:7).
William Burkett Notes on New Testament offers five lessons from this very John 10:28. They are:
1. That eternal life is the portion of Christ's sheep.
2. That eternal life is the gift of Christ.
3. That eternal life is, now given to Christ's sheep: they have it now in the purchase, in the promise, and in the first fruits.
4. That all Christ's sheep are put by God the Father into Christ's hand for security: My Father hath given them me.
5. The Father doth so entrust Christ with his sheep, as yet to take care of them himself; they are in the Father's hand, as well as in the son's, and their being in the hands of both, doth assure them of the certainty of their perseverance. None shall pluck them out of my hand; none shall be able to pluck them out of my Father's hand: implying, that there are many that would pluck them out of their hands, sin, Satan, the world, &c. but they shall be kept by the almighty power of God, through faith unto salvation; for who can be too strong for omnipotent power.
To receive eternal life, you must confess your sins, accept the death of Christ as the basis of salvation and righteousness, and you will be acceptable to God. Have you received Him as your Lord and Saviour? Other promises God made in our text is that we will not perish and that no one will snatch us away from His hands (Isaiah 49:16). His eyes are upon you. Do not be afraid, thinking that God is unaware of all those problems. He engraved you in His palm and there you are safe forever. He will ever jealous of His sheep and He will always guard, guide and protect.
Food For Thought: Can something touch/take what is in your palm and you don’t know?
1) Thank God, for He grants us eternal life through Christ Jesus.
2) Pray that you will not perish; neither will the enemies snatch you away.
3) Pray against the plans of the devil to deny you your salvation.
Copyright © 2013 - tabu.ExpertsColumn.Com · All Rights Reserved | Powered by: ExpertsColumn.com